When you or a loved one is seriously injured in an accident, it is a frightening and stressful experience. You may be left with unexpected health issues, mounting medical bills and time away from work. An experienced accident lawyer can take the stress out of your legal case and get you the compensation you and your family need for recovery.
What To Look For
To choose the right accident lawyer for your case, we recommend that you look for the following attributes:
- Comfort. The first consideration in choosing your injury attorney is how you feel. You are trusting this attorney with a very important part of your life. You should feel comfortable talking to him or her and their staff. Your attorney doesn’t need to be your best friend, but they do need to make you feel like you can trust them.
- Confidence. Along with your comfort is your level of confidence. You should feel like your attorney has the ability to handle all aspects of your case and get the results you deserve.
- Approachability. You want a lawyer you can talk to, someone who will listen to your concerns about your legal case and have candid conversations with you about what you can expect from the legal process. You want someone who knows your name. You are more than a number on a case file. Your attorney should understand how your case impacts your life and treat you and your family with the respect you deserve.
- Experience. An effective accident attorney will have years of experience with accident cases just like yours. Look for an attorney who has achieved good settlements and verdicts for many clients over the years.
- Accessibility. Part of reducing your worry about your case is staying in communication with your lawyer throughout the process. Make sure your lawyer and his or her staff will be available to you to answer your questions and provide regular case updates as your case moves forward.
- Compassion. A good lawyer not only knows the law and the best strategy for your case; he or she also understands the difficulties that you and your family are facing. You deserve to be treated like a human being who is going through an emotionally taxing time. You are more than a name on a case file.
- Recommendations. Whether you get your attorney’s name from trusted friends or from the web, make sure that you see what past clients had to say about their experience with your attorney. How they have treated clients before will give you an indication of how well you will be treated.
Client-Focused Legal Representation
At Mark L. Karno & Associates, LLC, our attorneys provide client-focused representation for your accident case. Your concerns are our concerns.
We keep the lines of communication open so that you know where your case stands and what the next steps in the process are. And we have a track record of success for our clients.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in an accident, call Mark L. Karno & Associates, LLC today at 312-574-3362 for your free consultation with an experienced injury lawyer. We represent clients from Chicago and the surrounding communities.
We don’t get paid until you do. We take our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not collect any money for our services unless you win your case.
Se habla español.