Rollover accidents, accidents in which the vehicle flips over onto its roof or side, are the primary cause of death in SUV crashes. Several factors can contribute to rollover motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Top-heavy vehicles – Taller vehicles with a taller center of gravity, such as SUVs, trucks, minivans, and buses are more likely to be involved in rollover accidents.
- Sudden trips – When a vehicle suddenly hits a curb, median, or guardrail, it’s often called a “trip,” which can propel the vehicle onto its side or roof.
- Multi-car accidents – The more cars involved in an accident, the more forces are acting upon the vehicles and their occupants. This can easily cause one or more of the vehicles to flip.
- Speeding – Excessive speeds are to blame for many accidents and rollovers are no exception.
- Distracted driving – Drivers can be distracted by a variety of actions, such as texting, drinking, eating, applying makeup or even talking to children in the backseat. All of these behaviors take their eyes off the road and can cause an accident.
- Adverse weather – Bad weather can cause any car to slip or skid. When the center of gravity is higher then the likelihood of rollover is greater in bad weather.
At the Law Offices of Mark L. Karno and Associates, our experienced attorneys are committed to fighting for justice for accident victims. If you or your loved one has been injured, call us today at 312-574-3362 for your free consultation. We welcome clients from Aurora, Chicago, and the surrounding communities.