The American Burn Association designates the first week of February as Burn Awareness Week to raise awareness of the possible burn injury dangers in our everyday lives and to provide information on the prevention and treatment of burn injuries.
At the Law Offices of Mark L. Karno & Associates, we recognize the significant impact that burn injuries, especially those in children, can have on your family’s life. We hope these tips on burn prevention will help you keep your children safe.
- Keep your water heater set no higher than 120 degrees.
- Never leave a child unattended in the bathtub.
- Never allow young children to sit near or adjust the faucets in the bathtub.
- Turn handles away from the edge of the stove when you are cooking.
- Keep hot drinks away from the edge of tables and counters.
- Use travel mugs for hot drinks to help prevent spilling.
- Keep small appliance cords, such as coffee makers and deep fryers, tucked away from the edge of the counter.
Has your child suffered severe burn injuries because of someone else’s negligence? Call the Law Offices of Mark L. Karno & Associates at 312-574-3362 for your free consultation.
We welcome clients from Aurora, Chicago, and the surrounding communities. Our experienced burn injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis – we don’t get paid until you do.