Choosing a personal injury attorney to represent you in your legal case is the most important decision you will make. Many clients realize this and have a lot of anxiety about selecting the right attorney to see their case through.
You shouldn’t worry however. This checklist will help you ask the right questions to make sure you have the right representation.
- You feel comfortable. The first consideration in choosing your injury attorney is how you feel. You are trusting this attorney with a very important part of your life. You should feel comfortable talking to him or her and their staff. Your attorney doesn’t need to be your best friend, but they do need to make you feel like you can trust them.
- You feel confident. Along with your comfort is your level of confidence. You should feel like your attorney has the ability to handle all aspects of your case and get the results you deserve.
- Your attorney is accessible. You should be able to contact your attorney when you have questions and receive regular case updates about where your legal action stands and what you can expect next.
- Your attorney is experienced. You want to know that your attorney has handled cases like yours before and has the skill to see your case through.
- Your attorney knows your name. You are more than a number on a case file. Your attorney should understand how your case impacts your life and treat you and your family with the respect you deserve.
- Your attorney is compassionate. A compassionate attorney will understand the difficulties of surviving serious injuries and trying to reestablish yourself and figure out your place in the world again.
- Your attorney comes recommended. Whether you get your attorney’s name from trusted friends or from the web, make sure that you see what past clients had to say about their experience with your attorney. How they have treated clients before will give you an indication of how well you will be treated.
When you meet with an attorney the first time, keep this checklist in mind. Remember to ask all of your questions and get all of your concerns addressed so that you feel like you are getting the best representation you can.
At Law Offices of Mark L. Karno & Associates we provide free consultations. Call us today at 312-574-3362. Our attorneys welcome clients from Aurora, Chicago, and the surrounding communities. We work on a contingency fee basis – we don’t get paid until you do.